Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fun At The Fair

This weekend was the county fair that my nephews participate. The handsome young man on the right is showing his pig "Wide Load". I've never been to a pig show prior. What a hoot! The gate opens and 8 or nine pigs enter at a trot with their young owners trailing. Pigs and kids everywhere. I was impressed how the judge sorted the animals and placed them. Listening to his reasons for placements was a real learning experience. If you're at the fair and a pig show is going on, go ahead and watch a while. It's really fun.

1 comment:

  1. I love country fairs. I'm from south Texas an area called the Rio Grande Valley. We have our annual RGV Livestock Show in March. It is so much fun. I am considering setting up a booth for my boutique. Thanks for sharing your pics.

    Blessings to you!
    Yoli Kalkofen
    http://apronofthemonthclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me goose....